View this short video from the Doncaster school nursing team.
If your child struggles with any of the things mentioned here or you have any concerns please speak to the early years staff or Mrs Fitzpatrick and we’ll work with you to support your child. Your child will be welcomed to school and we will supper you with any concerns. Miss Carter (Assistant Head) can be contacted via email firstname.lastname@example.org
School Uniform Grant- if You are currently employed in the grocery sector and have been for at least 12 months and can provide evidence of receipt of Child Benefit. You may qualify for a uniform grant. Check here to see if you household income meets GroceryAid’s criteria for financial hardship.
Monday will be a chance to have one final hangout with your 2019/2020 class teachers. Please see the times for this below. Invites and codes for these hangouts will be posted in the google classrooms on Monday morning.
|Miss Vaughan and Miss Schon||Tuesday 10am|
|Mrs Jackson and Mrs Rodgers||9:15am|
|Mrs Faulding / Mrs Burton||9.15am|
Look at this fabulous work produced by our Y3/4 students for their final product to share the collaborative learning outcomes from their Summer term expedition. I am blown away by the quality of work and character growth of our students despite being in the center on a Pandemic. Our students have grappled with tough historic content, built a website using their computing learning and produce some fabulous artwork. A presentation of their learning can be seen in the website below – this is also soon to be linked to many historical websites for museums and experiences around the UK, this final product supported us in answering the guiding question ‘Why remember the Romans?’
A huge congratulations to all the students and staff in KS1 on an amazing product to share the collaborative learning outcomes from their Summer term expedition. I am blown away by the quality of work and character growth of our students despite being in the center on a Pandemic. Our students have grappled with tough scientific content, composed music, recorded voice overs and produce some fabulous artwork. A presentation of their learning can be seen in these 4 video clips which together complete a final product in answer to the guiding question ‘Why should we protect what is living at the bottom of our garden?’
Well done all!
Firstly, let me take this opportunity to say ‘WOW!”, the entries for Green Top’s Got Talent this year were fabulous! We have a medal on it’s way for every competitor, which we will present in the Autumn term. There were some amazing votes and results with some ties for places.
In joint 3rd place – LaLa Land (Heidi and Elise) / AJ
In joint 2nd place – Sophie on the piano / Annabel’s ribbon dance
In joint 1st place – Ethan’s cotton eye Joe / Harpers Irish dancing
Certificates and prizes for all competitors will be shared in the Autumn term.
Thanks for your participation!
From August 26th 2020 all children will be expected to wear the school uniform during recent months this has been relaxed in order to support parents with personal stress during this already intense period of time and also to try to support with parental financial wellbeing. As you may be aware TOGS Children’s wear are able to supply parents with uniform orders and also stock our school logo uniform. If you’d like to discuss an order with Adele and the TOGS team please either call the shop 01405 814 988, or email email@example.com with your name and telephone number and we will be able to forward your order on.
TOGs is located at 19 The Green, Thorne for anyone wishing to call over the Summer period.
It is not compulsory to wear logo’d uniform, we request children wear grey trousers, skirt, pinafore, white polo shirt or shirt and Green jumpers or cardigans for the school uniform.
Dear Reception parents of 2020-21,
Typically we would have held a parents meeting and tour where the letters you’ve received over the last couple of weeks would have been shared.
Below is some further information that will hopefully answer some of your questions before you start in reception.
Dear Year 6 Parents / Carers,
Information regarding Green Top to ‘pass out’ tomorrow – Thursday 16th July between 3.30pm and 5.30pm.
- Please check the pass out timetable for your allocated time. This time is your arrival time, we ask that you arrive on time to ensure our social distancing protocols can be adhered to.
- Only families from your household will be allowed to pass out but other family members may stand at the bottom of the drive following social distancing protocols.
- We suggest that you arrive by foot or park in Bridge Street car park; unfortunately we won’t be able to offer parking facilities on the school grounds.
- We ask that you access school from the Middlebrook Lane entrance and follow the arrows down to the KS1 playground / outside the Y6 classrooms. Here you will see a table outside each classroom that will contain a parcel for every child. This will be their Green Top hoodies and we ask that your child puts this on ready to ‘pass out’.
- You will also have a carrier bag to collect with books/work in. If you are missing some of your books, this is because we have kept them as evidence. We will give you your books through siblings later in the year.
- After you have received the parcel, you will be asked to stand in a designated area until you are then asked to walk down the main part of the school drive to ‘pass out’ of primary school. Green Top staff will be present to applaud you and your children as you walk down the school drive.
- We ask that you follow social distancing guidelines at all times to ensure that the event runs smoothly for all children.
Any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs C Salter
Head of School