Good luck on Sunday England! Make the children of year 4 proud! Although, we’re already very proud to be honest.
The winning tickets for the Year 6 raffle have been drawn. There are 14 prizes in total so make sure that you check your ticket as there is a great chance of winning. Thank you to all local and small businesses who have donated a wonderful prize, as well as all of those who bought raffle tickets. Whilst not everyone will be able to win a prize, your kindness and generosity has gone a long way towards providing leavers hoodies and a few nice treats for our Year 6’s in the final week. Thank you!
- Mystery Bag 1 – Orange 927 – Amelia C (Class 17)
- Mystery Bag 2 – Orange 715 – Alan S (Class 18)
- Zed Candy Sweet Hamper – Blue 92 – Keira F (Class 18)
- £10 off Beauty Voucher (Beautology) – Orange 264 – Jayne Rodgers
- Gelish Voucher (Lolly D Nails) – Orange 788 – Charlotte S (Nursery)
- Pedicure Voucher (Lolly D Nails) – Orange 699 – Freya W (Class 15)
- 12 Cupcakes (Cupcakes_andcakes_galore) – Green 280 – Scott S (Class 18)
- Bath Bomb Hamper (Shimmer Doll Diva) – Blue 340 – Hayley Jeeves
- Movie Treat Box (Kirstyannco.Design) – Orange 324 – Charlie D (Class 18)
- Movie Treat Box (Kirstyannco.Design) – Green 348 – Heidi S (Class 18)
- Afternoon Tea Voucher (Bliss Cafe) – Orange 852 – Brendan W (Class 16)
- Wax Melt Hamper (Magical Aromas) – Yellow 316 – Kelly Overson
- Chocolate Bouquet (Coll’s Party Sweets) – Blue 178 – Isobel H (Class 19)
- Celebration Cake Voucher (Sugar Rush) – Green 298 – Sophie L (Class 17)
Prizes are available for collection from the school office.
Here are the list of raffle prizes that have been kindly donated so far from businesses and individuals within the local community. Any further donations, no matter how big or small, would be hugely appreciated. If there are any further donations, please could they be brought into school by Wednesday 30th June. The final deadline to purchase tickets (£1 per strip) will be Friday 2nd July, with all proceeds going towards Year 6 hoodies and celebrations. Anyone is welcome to buy tickets, just send money into school in a labelled envelope and class teachers will ensure it makes its way to the right place. Thank you for your generosity, all of those who have donated – check out the business pages below.
- £80 Celebration Cake Voucher – Sugar Rush (Facebook)
- Afternoon Tea Voucher – Bliss Cafe (Thorne)
- Chocolate Bouquet – Coll’s Party Sweets (Facebook)
- 2 x Movie Treat Boxes (Raffled Individually) – Kirstyannco.Design (Facebook)
- Bath Bomb Hamper – Shimmer Doll Diva (Facebook)
- Wax Melt Hamper – Magical Aromas (Facebook)
- £10 Beauty Voucher – Beautology (Facebook)
- Gelish Voucher – Lolly D Nails (Facebook)
- Pedicure Voucher – Lolly D Nails (Facebook)
- 12 Gluten-Free Cupcakes Voucher – Cupcakes_andcakes_galore (Instagram)
More images and updates to follow soon.
As part of this week’s community crew, we wanted to take part in ‘national walking month’. We talked about the benefits of walking from a health aspect to our mental health. As you can see from the pictures we certainly enjoyed the fresh air, sunshine and time to chat. Great work team year 4.
This Friday, Friday 30th April, marks the beginning of the Captain Tom 100 Challenge which will continue until Bank Holiday Monday 3rd May.
The family of Sir Captain Tom Moore is inviting the world to take inspiration from his famous 100 laps around his garden to celebrate Tom’s life, his generosity of spirit and the hope and joy he brought to millions.
YOU can join this celebration and take part in the Captain Tom 100 by setting yourself your own challenge based around the number 100!
Let the number 100 be your inspiration and do something amazing, whether it’s..
100 Star Jumps
100 laps of your garden
100 minutes of gaming
Baking 100 cupcakes
Singing for 100 minutes.
We would love to see lots of you taking part and taking lots of photographs of your challenges. Please send any photographs or videos to [email protected] so we can celebrate your contributions on the blog.
Here is a video with more information about the fundraising event.
Click on the link below if you would like to donate to the Captain Tom Foundation:
I can’t wait to see what you achieve in your challenges!
Dear Parents and Carers
Next week is maths week at Green Top (4th – 7th May). We will be celebrating maths and to do this we will be doing the following:
- Each day you will be informed of a challenge you can complete at home and bring into school or email to [email protected]
- Each day there will be a FUN maths challenge on the blog for you to complete as a family at home
- Friday is NSPCC Maths day so we will be having a ‘maths’ dress up day (£1 donation)
Please see the school blog for links to the NSPCC maths day website, ideas for dress up and daily posts next week.
Tuesday’s challenge is: Maths is everywhere! Take a photograph of something maths related around our local community. This could be a percentage in a shop sale, a date on a building, a bus timetable or numbers on a traffic sign. Who will be the most creative? Send your photographs to [email protected]. Good Luck!
Last year was a huge success and enjoyed by all – we can’t wait to see what next week brings.
Mrs K Overson
Dress up ideas:
Crew Thurkettle are the best! They completed yet another crew challenger!
Today they had to turn the sheet over without anyone stepping off the sheet onto the floor!
They managed to do it with just 1 minute left from the 15 minutes time limit. Well done Crew Thurkettle! 👏👏👏
Join in with our March reading challenge by helping us to earn 250,000 reading minutes!
Log how many minutes you have read this week at home!
Don’t log the minutes you have read in school as your teachers have done this for you!
The link to the Google form is here: https://forms.gle/jj31KPb8wnbdEZLT6