Today, Class 15 have enjoyed creating watercolour art in the style of Quentin Blake. We had a go at creating a picture of George Stephenson’s Rocket (an early locomotive) and then we used peer critique to help us make improvements to a second draft. Great effort everybody – you all did a fantastic job!
What an absolutely fantastic day we have had today at The Deep. The children have been so excited all day and have had the best experiences!
I think they will sleep well for you all tonight!
Mrs Shaw x x
Crew Walton/Oldridge really got stuck into the first Art lesson of our Case Study…we showed great resilience, persevering to make sure our Quality and Craftsmanship was excellent!
Before half term children brought home a letter about our Phonics Family Learning event. We are excited to welcome you to your child’s phonics lesson to give you an insight on how your child learns phonics in school. The event will take place tomorrow and Thursday. Please see the letter below. If you are unsure which phonics group your child is in please check with your child’s class teacher.
This week we have been learning the long vowel digraph ‘ai’
Digraph = 2 letters making one sound.
We have been reading and writing words and sentences containing these sounds. For example,
Here is the shared reader we have enjoyed this week
We had a lovely end to our Wednesday when parents (and a couple of little visitors) joined us to read aloud together to acknowledge the special day!
We have lots of events happening in school Wednesday 7th February so please see the following details about how to access school for each event.
- Nursery book and a biscuit 8.30am – enter school through normal drop off points at 8.30am
- Year 1/2 reading 8.30am – enter school through normal drop off points at 8.30am
- Year 2 family learning 2pm – access school via the office.
- Reception book and a biscuit 2.15pm – You will only be able to access school through the Ash Tree entrance and then your child’s normal pick up point.
- Year 3/4/5/6 reading 2.30pm – You will only be able to access school from the Middlebrook Lane entrance. You can then enter school through your child’s playground and normal pick up points.
As always, thank you for your support! We look forward to seeing you.
Today in Nursery we started this terms Phonics, we will be learning two new sounds a week. The sounds will be posted on the blog each week so you are aware of what the children are focusing on. We are so excited to start this phonics journey 😃