Dear Year 6 Parents / Carers,
Information regarding Green Top to ‘pass out’ tomorrow – Thursday 16th July between 3.30pm and 5.30pm.
- Please check the pass out timetable for your allocated time. This time is your arrival time, we ask that you arrive on time to ensure our social distancing protocols can be adhered to.
- Only families from your household will be allowed to pass out but other family members may stand at the bottom of the drive following social distancing protocols.
- We suggest that you arrive by foot or park in Bridge Street car park; unfortunately we won’t be able to offer parking facilities on the school grounds.
- We ask that you access school from the Middlebrook Lane entrance and follow the arrows down to the KS1 playground / outside the Y6 classrooms. Here you will see a table outside each classroom that will contain a parcel for every child. This will be their Green Top hoodies and we ask that your child puts this on ready to ‘pass out’.
- You will also have a carrier bag to collect with books/work in. If you are missing some of your books, this is because we have kept them as evidence. We will give you your books through siblings later in the year.
- After you have received the parcel, you will be asked to stand in a designated area until you are then asked to walk down the main part of the school drive to ‘pass out’ of primary school. Green Top staff will be present to applaud you and your children as you walk down the school drive.
- We ask that you follow social distancing guidelines at all times to ensure that the event runs smoothly for all children.
Any additional questions, please email email@example.com
Mrs C Salter
Head of School
WOW! Well done to Alan and his family! This is great!
First an Easter rabbit and then a green house!
We can’t wait to see what comes next!
A huge congratulations to all the students and staff in Y5/6 on an amazing product to share the collaborative learning outcomes from their Summer term expedition. I am blown away by the quality of work and character growth of our students despite being in the centre on a Pandemic. Our students have grappled with tough scientific content, composed musical and lyrical pieces of art work and presented their learning eloquently in the product shared here.
Well done all!
Zoom ID: 990 2394 9458
We are so proud of Blake:
Empowering Parents, Empowering Communities (EPEC) is a successful, popular, unique parenting approach.
EPEC is for local parents, led by local parents.
We are currently recruiting parents who would like to become a Empowering Parents, Empowering Communities (EPEC) Group Leaders.
Would like to be part of a new and exciting EPEC Programme coming to Doncaster ?
As an EPEC parent group leader, you will:
- Receive an amazing free training and support from our local EPEC team.
- Learn to lead practical, caring groups for local parents.
- Share tried and tested methods that give children the best start in life.
- Join a group of like-minded parents to make a difference to your local community.
- Develop your skills and confidence.
- Gain experience that will help you fulfill your ambitions.
We are holding a virtual coffee afternoon for those parents/carers who are interested
On: Thursday 23rd July 2020
Through: Microsoft teams (app can be downloaded onto your phone or a computer)
Time: 2pm – 3pm
Please see attach posters for more information – If you are interested please email Philip Stewart; Philip.Stewart@doncaster.gov.uk
Axholme have provided another video in order to prepare you for secondary school!
You may need to log in to your Academy email to watch this video.
Local Authority Transition Update:
We have been given this additional information to support you with the transition classrooms:
- You should have received your Doncaster Transition booklet in the post with a letter giving guidance on how to access the transition classroom.
- The letter you received informs you that a gmail account will be needed to access the classroom. Please be aware that the email needed to log in needs to end with @gmail.com this is why the children can’t use their Green Top email account.
- The transition Google classrooms will be available into the autumn term and into the new school year so if you haven’t accessed it much this week, please do not worry.
- Streaming the videos to almost 4000 students has meant that on occasions there is a message saying that they can’t be played. Our solution to this is to share the videos directly with you, these can then be downloaded and played by you at home or at school.
We are sharing the following links:
4 mindfulness videos https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1svgJXIZ7fOTMYl_uPJrkEkzwEcZ-aDzE?usp=sharing
6 group work sessions https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uN-mvRictFypJJ8jtukSz84RvF5IPlvv?usp=sharing
BSL workbook video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNnHnIqEMFs
If you haven’t received the Doncaster Transition booklet, please contact school ASAP so we can arrange for one to be sent to you.
For additional information and support email the transition team: firstname.lastname@example.org